27.3.12

Jil Sander fall 2012

At first I liked this collection, and then I found out that the runway soundtrack featured Fade Into You by Mazzy Star--only my favorite band of all time ever--and then I LOVED this collection. Srsly, you guys. In fact, I think it might be that I like the runway show even better than the collection itself, what with the so-romantic grungy 90s music and the (seemingly) exclusively Russian cast with their bright red lips, and the way they all clutched their coats closed as they walked the catwalk. Granted, I wasnt actually at this show... but thanks to style.com, I feel like I was. You know? Of course, the clothes themselves are pretty remarkable. I love the soft blushy neutrals paired with navy (and, again the bright pops of poppy--a theme of 2012, it would seem), the color blocking on those slip dresses, and the roomy cut of those amazing coats. Also, those ball dresses! The neck, the cut, the draping, and (especially) the length... theyre absolutely perfect! I want one to wear to the ball!







images from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment