24.3.12

Jil Stuart Spring

Pretty pretty pretty (and not unlike the Chloe show I was just talking about)! I adore this ready-to-wear collection! It calls to mind dream-sequences/flashbacks in super girly animes like Sailor Moon: sugary pastels, soft neutrals, delicate prints, vaguely 30s/70s shapes, so feminine and pretty, but somehow not cloying. Well, maybe just a little. But it helps that the silhouettes are so relaxed and breezy, and I love all the pleats, and those brighter pops of poppy, teal, and sunshine yellow. A few of the looks remind me of the pajamas of a little girls wildest dreams, namely the quilted mini dresses, and especially those made of silky, vaguely floral prints in mint and cotton-candy pink. But I especially love the drop-waist, color-blocked dresses. The whole collection is so flirty and sweet. Plus, I love their hair! 










 images from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment