19.8.12

A Clean Slate

Oh how I love British Vogue being my normal Vogue... so much nicer than the american version, in my opinion. Having said that, I didnt buy a copy of the July issue and so I missed this supes autumnal fashion spread, A Clean Slate, shot by Josh Olins and starring Suvi Koponen. I love practically everything about it. The colors combined comprise the perfect fall palette; cerulean and rust, as seen above, is one of my fav color combos. The layering is sharp, yet casual and slouchy. What with the color blocking, the layering, and the styling--glossy skin, messy-but-not-too-messy hair--this shoot is sort of evocative of a J.Crew catalogue--though thanks in part to that abstract cat-eye, infinitely hipper and less prissy.Speaking of which: the conceptual, geometric cat-eye is going to be huge for fall, I believe. This is the third time Ive seen it this week; other sightings include the runway makeup for Kenzos fall/winter runway show (among others), and Emma Watson on the cover of T Magazine last week. 

images via mode

No comments:

Post a Comment